The Royal Hardbop Society starts as a project coached by the jazz legend Eric Ineke inside the combo programme of the Royal Conservatory of The Hague.
For two years the band had different formations, but it kept continuously building a repertoire based on some of the most classic albums, composers or subgenres of jazz history. A few of them being Tadd Dameron, Gigi Gryce, Lennie Tristano, Grant Green, Pepper Adams, Mel Lewis etc.
They have played regularly since the beginning of the project in different jazz venues in The Hague, and always presenting a different repertoire based on the jazz tradition.
Currently the band consists in:
- Federica Lorusso (IT) on piano.
- Jack Kinsella (UK) on guitar.
- Alessio Calore (IT) on double bass.
- Emilio Tritto (IT) on tenor sax.
- Guillermo Martín Viana on drums.
- Jose Cervera (ES) on alto sax.